The Electoral Commission has announced there would not be an extension of the period for the re-registration of voters whose names were deleted for registering with National Health Insurance Scheme cards.
Some political parties and individuals had wished the Electoral Management Body allows for the exercise to continue for a few days.
However, the EC told a news conference Friday that an extension is out of its plans.
Addressing the media in Accra, the director of public affairs for the EC, Eric Dzakpasu said out of the over 56, 000 persons affected by the deletion, only 22,107 re-registered.
He insisted there was no need to extend the exercise even though turnout was very low because “this is the most publicized exercise so far.”